Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weapon Project



We was given a choice in weapons to do and I choose to do a futuristic sword. The WAS supposed to be the sword of Truth but it didn't turn out that was so I just made it my own thing. I took a 1x3 and I had some help cutting the sides down to make it look more like a blade. Then I sanded it down so its smooth. Then i took the handle of the sword and sanded it down till it was about 1 1/2 inches wide then wrapped wire around it. The pommel of the blade was a pain. I thought about using a door knob but ended up using a the bottom of a water bottle and wrapped more wire around it. The hand guard was actually attached to the sword later on, I had help making them and then we attached then with wood glue and wrapped more wire around that to secure it. The blood groove down the middle of the blade was the hardest part because I had to dermal it in so it really didn't want to stay straight. After the all of the building was done I spray painted it. I had to fix this sword several times in the making process but the final product was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment