Sunday, December 11, 2011

Upholstery







This was kind of a challenging project for me. Not for the upholstery but finding something to reupholster. Finally my mom-in-law and my grandma said I can reupholster their foot stools. So I got these three foot stools and went and tried to find the right cloth for to suit them both. Finally I found this really nice green fabric for my grandma's. I was told by my professor to put a skirt on at least one of them so I choose my grandmas to do that. The only thing I would fix on my grandma's is to hem the skirt a little more which I will do eventually. The smallest stool I put a white lace trim on. I thought this would be adorable because the stool is small like a toy for a child. I found this really pretty fabric for it too. I fell in love with the design as soon as I saw it and it really suited my mom-in-law. The last one which is also my mom-in-laws was the easiest to because I really didn't do anything fancy to it. But the purple fabric i thought went really well with the framing of the stool.

No comments:

Post a Comment