Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weapon Project: Bow and Arrows

I cut slits into the end of the dowels in order to slide the feather in them.
I used brown twin to tie the arrow heads to the arrows.
The arrow heads I shaped out of clay, then coated them with modge podge. I then painted them gray to look like stone.
For the arrows I used different thicknesses of wooden dowels, cut them in half so they were not so long, glued feathers to the ends, and used a wood finish to make them look more naturalistic wood.
I used a twin material for the bow string it wasn't exactly what i wanted but all that we could find, sadly it didn't have very much flexability so it didn't really work.
On the ends of the bow I cut in a place so that you could attached the bow string to the ends without it falling off when you went to use said bow.
I went and cut down a tree branch and cut it down for the bow, I continued to wrap the bow with fake leather looking material. I used hot glue to keep the material attached to the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment