Sunday, December 11, 2011

Food Project


We were all assigned a food to recreate and I got eggs, with bacon and wheat toast. The toast is made out of couch foam. The hardest part about that was getting the foam to cut evenly. I still didn't get it even enough for the due date but I think I did ok considering this was my first project in the class. The bacon was made out of wire, and masking tape. I took the wire and bent it as wavy as I can get it and wrapped the tape around it. I must say it did turn out better than I had hoped. Now the hardest part was the eggs. I had to redo the eggs two times to finally get it right. My professor suggested that I use hot glue to get the eggs just right. So I did it the first time the glue wasn't hot enough and it made the eggs actually look like spaghetti. So I did it a second time but this time I let the glue heat up for about 20min before I used it. This time they turned out right. I then made the two yolks sperate and then peeled the hot glue off my plate and flipped it over and added the two yolks on the top. I painted and modge podge'd everything for the final finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment