Sunday, December 11, 2011

Decorative Box







This was one of my favorite projects we did! Our professor gave us all different types of boxes to do and I got a Egyptian Cosmetic box. The black and white picture is what I supposed to make it look like. I started out by taking some half inch ply wood and had one of my fellow classmates help me get the right measurements for the box. Our box could either not open or it could. I decided since I was giving this away as a Christmas gift it needed to open. I then took some skinny scrap wood and cut it down to make the pegs for the bottom of the box and I stapled them in. To get the picture right I printed it of the Internet of the Goddess Isis and I used spray adhesive and I pressed it onto the front of the box, I then went over it in modge podge. After the picture dried I went around the sides of with the gold poster board. I then went over the box in a brown base paint then coverd that with wood stain. Then I got some gold paint and I went over the sides and recreated the design on the original picture of the box. Then I finally went over the top and painted Isis's symbol on it along with the Ankh. As I said I really enjoyed doing this this project and take a lot of pride in the finish product.

No comments:

Post a Comment