Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cane
















This was another of my favorite projects. I honestly think I enjoyed doing this one a lot more than any of them thus far. We was told to pic an animal and sculpt it out of clay. I choose to do a fox. After we was done with sculpting we had to make a box out of card board so we can put the clay down in it and poor the mold over it. Once the mold was dry we went to cut the clay out of the mold. Now this was tricky, after I had got my poor fox which I named Todd out of the mold he was in pieces. But it didn't matter because his imprint was already in the mold. So after we cleared all of the clay out of the mold we wrapped tape all around the it to prevent leaking, then mixed resin and pored it in. Now if you haven't worked with resin before it sets up rel fast, and some of use put our canes into the resin before it could set up. That way the topper was already mounted onto it and we wouldn't have to do it later. After about 15min we was able to peel the mold away and there we had our finished product. Now some of us like me had to go and sand some off because it leaked a little bit. But after we was done with that we was able to spray paint it and decorate it. Mine is a Christmas gift to my boyfriend and I took the dremal and put his name into the cane. I then covered the stick in wood stain and let it dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment